NY

NY

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Concrete Jungle [FB 10]




I've always enjoyed watching Bill Cunningham's short clips in The New York
Times, so for my final I thought why not pretend to be Bill Cunningham
for a day. I was out and about on the streets of New York looking for
women of all ages sporting the animal print trend. Animal prints are
timeless patterns that can work for any season! I came to learn that the
leopard print is the most worn print during this season. In my video I
spoke about my findings in the city, why I thought this trend was
interesting, and the importance of this trend. I had a lot of fun
creating this project, below is the clip to my video, enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I never noticed the animal print trend before, but your video really showed me how it is a very ubiquitous trend in New York. I also like how you included images of people from different ages and backgrounds wearing animal prints because it shows that this trend is very easy for anyone and it can adapt to anyone's personal style. I also like how you mentioned that leopard print was the most popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney, I really loved this post! I loved the the Alicia Keys reference and the growl at the beginning. The photos from the streets were awesome! I also have seen a lot of leopard print around town too. It's a great pattern that can be used on any type of garment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittney- first off, great title! Also way to go, you accomplished your goal of modeling Bill Cunningham. Your voice over was tremendous, your so well spoken and your information was relevant yet exciting! This was no easy approach to this project, and I think you did a really nice job! You not only found the trend in the city, you had valuable commentary just like Bill! I also loved that you incorporated style advice ! I liked that you talked through each look that you "spotted" it made the project very interesting and relevant

    ReplyDelete