NY

NY

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Balenciaga Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear [FB 6]


Balenciaga's fashion show sparked interest right from the start. It was not just regularly dimmed lights that illuminated the room, but rather a glass grid-work runway that filled with smoke during the entire show. The models' catwalks were filled with quick sharp stride movements. The Ready-to-Wear collection was a blend of sportswear and street. The silhouette of the clothing was form fitting to the body, dresses clung like a glove. For the most part the colors were very clean and basic with some neutrals and a few pastels thrown in to add some flavor. When I saw the models wearing sunglasses that made me feel like I was in the matrix I knew right away that it was the creative director, Alexander Wang, own personal touch. Overall, the show was aesthically pleasing and I believe Wang has so much more in store for Balenciaga.


No comments:

Post a Comment