NY

NY

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lookbook Feed Back for Marc by Marc Jacobs Menswear [FB 8]

Still searching for the all American bad boy? Well he can be spotted in Marc Jacobs' look book for his menswear collection for Marc By Marc Jacobs. This digital look book captured the look and feel of Marc's brand. Tight skinnies, acid washed jean jackets, muscle tees, and charcoal colored combat boots gave that edgy vibe we're so used to seeing Marc Jacobs project. I enjoyed the fact that this look book was also a behind the scenes photo shoot because it gives a more authentic feel to see the brand in the making. And it doesn't get any more authentic then it being filmed in New York City!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Brittney,
    I loved your post! Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite designers, and I've always had a special place in my heart for his menswear. I love how dynamic his designs are and how it's filled in a very "raw" way -- the fact that they're shooting in the middle of NYC, how they show more "behind-the-scenes"-esque footage, like the photographer shooting. I really enjoyed watching it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittney!
    Great post! You’re description of the collection as all-american bad boy with the muscle tees, acid wash denim and charcoal combat boots was accurate! I love this style for men, and I think Marc Jacobs has consistently done a good job with that. Picking Marc Jacobs video look book was a great choice. I thought the video was the ideal mix of simplicity and creativity. Having clips of the models in both the streets of NYC and the studio was cool. As Joanna Kriss mentioned in the previous comment, I also really liked how the video featured some behind-the-scenes footage.
    Have you seen Marc Jacobs Resort 2015 video look book? It is one of my favorites. It’s short and sweet. Check it out here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JH6RHGkOiY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did! It was great. I loved the boldness of the garments.

      Delete